November 1, 2017
Dear Conservation Bank Supporters:
With your support, the Alliance made substantial progress toward reauthorization of the Conservation Bank during the 2017 session of the General Assembly. Reauthorization bills were introduced in both the House and the Senate, and hearings were held in subcommittees of both chambers. Over 10 op-eds authored by business and conservation leaders were published in major newspapers across the state, three weeks of television ads were run, and over 5,000 citizens expressed their strong support for reauthorization.
Unfortunately, the reauthorization bills did not advance beyond the subcommittees this year, but we are hopeful and confident that we will be successful in the upcoming session, which begins in early January.
For the 2018 session, the effort will be led by a coalition of conservation organizations rather than by the Alliance itself. These organizations and their contacts include:
• Conservation Voters of South Carolina, Columbia, John Tynan, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
• South Carolina Nature Conservancy, Columbia, Mark Robertson, Executive Director, email@example.com
• Lowcountry Land Trust, Charleston, Ashley Demosthenes, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Upstate Forever, Greenville, Brad Wyche, Senior Advisor, email@example.com
• Naturaland Trust, Greenville, Frank Holleman, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Audubon South Carolina, Charleston, Sharon Richardson, Executive Director, email@example.com
• South Carolina Land Trust Network, Spartanburg, Andrew Waters, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in becoming actively involved in the reauthorization initiative, please contact one of these organizations whose office is closest to you.
The initiative will continue to enjoy the strong support of business leaders across the state, and the Alliance website will remain active as a source of information about the Conservation Bank and its amazing record of success.
Thank you for your support of the South Carolina Conservation Bank! We look forward to celebrating its reauthorization with you next year!
Download Our Fact Sheets
We urgently need your support in our efforts to make sure reauthorization happens.
The first step is simply providing us with your contact information, so we can keep you updated on our efforts. Once you are on our communications list, we will provide the ideas and methods for you to let your elected representative in Columbia know how important the conservation bank is to you personally. Remember, they are there to represent you, and not play politics.